2nd PFT

I had my second PFT schedule for the 2nd of April. Greg was on his Spring Break, but I had to get off work a little early. When the nurse came in, she looked a bit surprised and said, "You're back already?" I was surprised she remembered me. I just told her that it had been about six months, so it was due.


Well, we get in there and she tries to use the oximeter, which of course doesn't work, then tries to use the ear clip which also doesn't read anything. That should have been the first clue for me of how things were going to go down. Well, she shows me the new machine they have and has me go in and sit on the chair. Knowing I was going to be there for a while, I asked her if I could grab my coat to sit on. It was a rock hard wood chair, and my butt just can't take that for long periods of time. Once we finally got that settled, I went to put my mouth on the mouthpiece. I don't even come close to fitting my mouth around it. So she grabs the one they use for kids. Well, my mouth doesn't fit around that one either. Of course not. And of course that is the smallest mouthpiece that they have, which actually surprises me because this is a test scleroderma patients do quite a bit, and I can't possibly be the only one who can't open my mouth....Right? Anyway, I started crying out of frustration, and the nurse was just a sweetheart. She kept saying things like, "I'm sorry you have to go through this," and just tried to make me feel better. She sent Dr. Walker a message letting him know I wasn't able to do the PFT, but I haven't heard from him about it, so it must not be too important.

After the nurse said, "Sorry you had to waste your time coming out here," we responded with, "Well, I already got work off, so it's okay." I was craving a seafood sub from Subway, so we went and got one, then Greg surprised me by taking me to Divergent.


Such a good movie! It could have followed the book a little better, but the main dude is might good looking, so I didn't mind too much.

Then we came out to this scene of snow. Despite not being able to do the PFT, it turned out to be a good day. We'll have to see what my doc says when I visit him next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Scleroderma?

The Beginning - Raynaud's

So Much Kindness