Exercise

Since the episode from my other post. Greg has decided that I really need to exercise and lift weights. He has been telling me this forever, but I just ignore him. I don't want to do it. I'm almost always tired, and I feel like I just don't have enough time. I just want to be lazy, plus, in reality, I'm not sure how much it will actually help.

I decided to look online to see if I could find some stretches or something specifically for scleroderma patients. I found this one...

Let's be honest...If I could do that, I wouldn't have any issues. A: I can't get on the floor, and B: there is no way that I would ever be able to lift my legs and balance. NO WAY! Obviously the people who wrote this have absolutely no idea what it's like to have scleroderma.

To get myself "excited" about exercising, I created a chart for Greg and I to mark off what days we exercised, and what we did. I just need smiley face stickers to really make it fun!


I really don't do a whole lot. I walk on the treadmill at a speed of 1.5 mph for 15 minutes. I would so much rather walk outside, but that's really not something I can do by myself. There's always that chance that I will trip, fall, and won't be able to get up.


I also have wrist weights that I use when I walk, and occasionally do some arm lifts. It's hard since I can't lift both arms at the same time very well. Plus, while walking on a treadmill, it could be a disaster waiting to happen. Greg makes me wear the clip so if I do fall, the treadmill will turn off.


I think the most frustrating part of this is that I can't really do what I want to do. I seriously crave going for a 2 mile run outside. I miss it. I miss being able to do ab work. If I were to try to do a situp, well it may take years to happen. I really don't think this will help a whole lot, but at least I'm trying. Maybe soon I'll be able to pick myself up after I make a stupid decision to crawl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Scleroderma?

The Beginning - Raynaud's

So Much Kindness