Make More Awesome

Last year, the day before the Northern Utah Stepping Out for Scleroderma 5K, I was told we were going to have a "casual Friday" where we could wear jeans & USU shirts. So I show up in my jeans and an Aggie shirt. When I walked in I noticed my co-workers wearing a light blue shirt, which I thought was odd since USU is dark blue, but I didn't really think anything of it until I got to my station, and there was a card and this T-shirt sitting at my station.


All my co-workers were wearing them. Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit. It was pretty awesome that they would do that. We had quite a few people ask about it, which was awesome, because it's just another opportunity to spread awareness (plus let the members know that I don't actually have an eating disorder, and that I am not just naturally awkward in my stance!)


It has been a hard few years dealing with this disease, but the one constant outside of my home has been work. My co-workers have been amazingly supportive, and helpful. Even the newbies. I don't actually tell them exactly what is wrong with me, but they pick up on things, and if they have questions, they will ask. It's been a wonderful place for me to work, and I'm grateful for all the people I've worked with that have been so willing to help me out.

Back Row: Kristin Davis, Chandler Midgley, Donna Andersen, Me, Steve Lucherini
Front Row: Colton Butterfield
Picture: Danny Brownell - our old branch manager who happened to stop by that day. Have to shout out to him too, since he was there when I was at my worst and didn't get rid of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Scleroderma?

The Beginning - Raynaud's

So Much Kindness