That Time I Got Hives....

When I was in high school, shortly before my 16th birthday I got tonsillitis. I was given some medicine, which resulted in me breaking out in hives. This was right before we were headed to UVSC for a team volleyball camp, so I got to go with a swollen face, and red splotches all over my body. It was miserable, to say the least. Plus, the guy that I liked was also down there for a wrestling tournament, and he stopped by to watch us. Talk about embarrassing! (Well, to a 16 year old anyway! ;)

Fast forward to shortly before Christmas. I went in for my regular check-up, and I told Dr. Walker about being bloated all the time. He recommended going on an antibiotic to clear out any bacteria that may be lingering in my stomach. He prescribed Amoxicillin, which I started taken. I made it about 3 days before my face started burning. I got up for church that next Sunday morning to a bright red, swollen face.


It was awesome.

Not.

My face eventually cleared up, but then the hives spread to the rest of my body. I called my doctor, and he prescribed me a different, more expensive antibiotic.

The hives, however, took their sweet time getting out of my system. Enjoy the next few pictures.


 


They were awfully itchy. I couldn't sleep at night because they itched so bad. I could not stop. It was not fun. It went all through Christmas, so that was fun too! They eventually subsided, and now Greg teases me about not telling doctors about things I'm allergic to, but how was I to know? It was like 13 years ago!

Side note: Around this time, (Christmas) I was also surprised with a package of socks in the mail. At my December appointment, Dr. Walker got made at me because my toes were purple. (I was wearing socks!) So this package was a nice surprise, with some super cute socks. Thanks to whoever sent them! You pretty much rock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Scleroderma?

The Beginning - Raynaud's

So Much Kindness